*SCAPEmedia SPOTLIGHT: Sharon Maymon and Tal Granit on the Making of The Farewell Party
NOTE: All tickets sold are refundable (Please read the important notes below)
Come join us for an intimate sharing session with the filmmaking duo of Sharon Maymon and Tal Granit, who will be here in Singapore with their award winning feature film THE FAREWELL PARTY, the Opening Film of the 24th Israel Film Festival.
THE FAREWELL PARTY is a film that deals with separation. Separation from someone you love, separation from yourself when the mind begins to fail, and the separation from life and the right to choose how it all ends. The main characters of the film are senior citizens, based in a retirement community in Jerusalem, but out of that very place of retirement and inactivity, they decide to gain control over their fate. It is also a tale about love and friendship. A group of friends build a machine for self-euthanasia in order to help their terminally ill friend. When rumors of the machine begin to spread, more and more people ask for their help, and the friends are faced with a heavy emotional dilemma.
The plot is not autobiographical, but is based on personal experiences by the filmmakers accumulated while they were caring for someone close. In their process of saying good bye to a loved one, they discovered that when the body fails and the mind remains lucid, self-irony and humor remain the best way to cope with the prospect of death.
The script was selected for the Talent Project Market at the Berlinale in 2010 and won the Highlight Pitch Award, while the film world premiered at Venice Film Festival and won the People’s Choice Award, and went on to sweep multiple awards at the Israel Film Academy including Best Actor and Best Cinematography.
Tal Granit, born in Tel Aviv in 1969, graduated from the Sam Spiegel school with honors.
Sharon Maymon, born in Ramle in 1973, is a Camera Obscura film school graduate.
Tal Granit & Sharon Maymon co-wrote and directed three films together prior to THE FAREWELL PARTY. SUMMER VACATION (2012, 22 min) premiered at the Sundance Film Festival short competition 2013 and won the first prize at Flickerfest Australia. It was nominated for the long list of the 2015 Oscars. TO KILL A BUMBLEBEE (2009, 7 min) premiered at the Locarno Film Festival and won the Best Short Film Award at Valladolid Film Festival and other prizes around the world. MORTGAGE (52 min, 2006) won the Best Drama Award at the Jerusalem International Film Festival.
Sharon also co-wrote and co-directed (with Erez Tadmor) the feature film A MATTER OF SIZE, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival discovery section 2009. A MATTER OF SIZE won numerous awards including the Audience Award at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival. The film was nominated in thirteen categories in the Israeli Academy Awards and won three of them, and it was the top grossing film in Israel in 2009. Paramount pictures are currently remaking the film for the USA.
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once confirmed, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 2 September 2016, 12 pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee will be refunded, if not, it will be forfeited.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1. I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo) for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2. I will inform *SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo) immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo) is able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3. I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo) to authorised third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4. I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5. I acknowledge that *SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo) own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6. If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, Iwill inform *SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo)at the event site.
7. I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmesorganized by*SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo), to receive information on*SCAPE, Adobe System, NTUC Club (U Live) and NTUC Club (nEbo) benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, edm and/or post.
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Level 5 Singapore
Take the Passenger Lift up to Level 5, and turn left.
*SCAPE Co. Ltd2,710 Followers